QNT 351 Week 4 Connect Problems
This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated A+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- QNT 351 Week 4 Connect Problem (Guide).xlsx
QNT 351 Week 4 Connect Problem
1) The Production department of Celitronics International wants to explore the relationship between the number of employees who assemble a subassembly and the number produced. As an experiment, 2 employees were assigned to assemble the subassemblies. They produced 13 during a one-hour period, then 4 employees assembled them. They produced 22 during a one hour period. The complete set of paired observation follows
a) The dependent variable is production; that is, it is assumed that different levels of production result from a different number of employees.
b) A scatter diagram is provided below. Based on it, does there appear to be any relationship between the number of assemblers and production?
c) Compute the correlation coefficient.
2) The following sample observation were randomly selected.
X : 4 5 3 6 10
Y : 9.8 10.6 8 15.4 19.6
a) The regression equation is Y^ =?
b) When X is 5.5 this gives Y^=?
3) Bi-io Appliance Super-store has outlets in several large metropolitian areas in New England. The general sales manager aired a commercial for a digital camera on selected local TV stations prior tp a sale starting on Saturday and editing Sunday. She obtained the information for Saturday-Sunday digital camera sales at the various outlets and paired it with number to times the advertisement was shown on the local TV stations. The Purpose is to find whether there is any relationship between the number of times the advertisement was aired and digital camera sales. The pairings are:
a) What is the dependent variable?
b) Determine the correlation coefficient
c) Interpret these statistical measures.
4) The owner of Maumee Ford-Mercury-Volvo wants to study the relationship between the age of a car and its selling price. Listed below is a random sample of 12 used cars sold at the dealership during the last year.
a) If we want to estimate selling price on the basis of the age car, which variable is the dependent variable and which is the independent variable?
b) Determine the correlation coefficient? Determine the coefficient of determination?
c) Interpret the correlation coefficient. Does it surprise you that the correlation coefficient is negative?
5) Pennsylvania refining Company is studying the relationship between the pump price of gasoline and the number of gallons sold. For a sample of 20 stations last Tuesday the correlation was 78. At the 0.1 significance level, is the correlation in the population greater than zero?
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
Award: 10 out of 10.00 points A sample of 43 observations is selected from a normal population. The sample mean is 30, and the population standard deviation is 3. Conduct the following test of hypothesis using the 0.05 significance level. a. &n..
QNT 351 Week 2 Connect Problem 1. The director of admissions at Kinzua University in Nova Scotia estimated the distribution of student admissions for the fall semester on the basis of past experience. a. What is the expected number of admissions for the fall semester? b. Compute the v..
QNT 351 Week 1 Connect Problem 1. Which of the following is an example of a continuous variable? 2. The incomes of 50 loan applicants are obtained. Which level of measurement is income? 3. The members of each basketball team wear numbers on their jerseys. What scale of measurement are..
Complete the Probability Worksheet. Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. Maximum and Minimum Temperatures Search the Internet for U.S. climate data. Choose the city in which you live. Click on the..
Search the Internet for a realty site. Select a hometown of someone on your team in the search section on the website you have chosen. When all of the listings populate, make sure that the sort criteria reads "New Listings." This ensures that you are searching a random cross-section of listin..
Complete the Introduction to Statistical Thinking Worksheet. Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. 1. There are 23 people at a party. Explain what the probability is that any two o..